Taxing Times Webinar Series Part 6: Ensuring trust losses are available for later use
Published on 08 Sep 2020
| Took place at Online, QLD
In this session, Daniel Taborsky, CTA and Matthew Sunits discussed:
- what are the different trust loss rules and when do they apply?
- how to distinguish between fixed and non-fixed trusts (including the application of PCG 2016/16)
- the advantages and disadvantages of making a family trust election (including selecting the test individual)
- making interposed entity elections
- the risk of family trust distribution tax — it’s broader than you think!
- capital losses — they escape the trust loss provisions but are they always available to be recouped?
- case studies to illustrate the practical application of the rules.