The State Taxation Minefield – Avoiding the Explosion
Published on 18 Jul 2019
| Took place at Leonda By The Yarra, Hawthorn, VIC
State taxation continues to be a hive of activity. New taxes, new legislation and a stream of cases from VCAT and the Supreme Court make this an area you can’t ignore. This event discussed the following:
- duty exemptions on transferring property from trusts to beneficiaries – where they go wrong
- absentee owner land tax surcharge and foreign purchaser duty – latest cases and developments
- primary production, rezoning property and duty – will I get an exemption?
- contesting an assessment – crucial issues to consider
- other recent developments (including payroll tax and vacant residential land tax).