Published on 25 Feb 21
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This podcast covers:
- Subdividing, ‘flipping’, mere realisation, change of purpose
- Revenue v capital dichotomy
- The recently enacted vacant land changes that deny deductions for holding costs
- The recently enacted main residence exemption changes affecting non-residents
- Recent developments impacting on the active asset test in the small business CGT concessions.
Thomas is a Chartered Accountant and Director at Hoffman Kelly. Tom has degrees in Commerce and Law and has over 17 years’ experience in public practice providing structuring and taxation solutions for SME businesses. Tom has a special interest in the property industry and its ever-changing and complex nature. He enjoys finding practical solutions for his clients.
- Current at
15 March 2021