Does land you own qualify for primary production exemption from land tax? paper
Published on 02 Jun 16
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what the law actually provides
- how the OSR is currently seeking to apply the law
- how the courts have drawn dividing lines
- traps to be wary of, particularly where land is used by persons other than the owner
- evolving from primary production to land development – when does the exemption cease?
- ways to seek early certainty, OSR private rulings and OSR approval of exemption applications.