Published on 17 Oct 19
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what does “capable” mean?
- what are the capacity related obligations of practitioners?
- what are the limits and nature of the Attorney’s role?
- what if there is no Attorney and no one capable to appoint one?
- how do you future proof aging clients and their affairs?
- trustee and director succession
- when do you recommend corporate versus individual trustees?
Tim Tierney is the Principal of Tierney Law, a four fee earner law firm in Huonville where Tim has practiced since 1984. Tierney Law focus on Property Law, Elder Law and Rural Law. Tim is a member of the Law Society Property and Commercial Law Committee and a member of the Law Society/State Revenue Consultative Committee.
- Current at
17 October 2008