Published on 15 Oct 20
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what is a lease?
- what are the key types of lease?
- the code of practice for retail tenancies
- are there any standard terms?
- how do I negotiate the lease terms?
- is this the property?
- is a special form required?
- is registration required?
- do I need a lawyer?
Tim Tierney is the Principal of Tierney Law, a four fee earner law firm in Huonville where Tim has practiced since 1984. Tierney Law focus on Property Law, Elder Law and Rural Law. Tim is a member of the Law Society Property and Commercial Law Committee and a member of the Law Society/State Revenue Consultative Committee.
- Current at
17 October 2008