Published on 08 Sep 14
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the principle of tax consolidation
- share versus asset acquisitions
- impact of valuations on tax consolidation outcomes
- areas for focus in tax due diligence
- managing risks of buying a subsidiary out of a consolidated group
- tax losses
- deductibility of transaction costs
- resetting tax bases of assets.
Rebecca is a Senior Consultant with KPMG. Current at 01 September 2014
Geoffrey Yiu ATI
Geoffrey is a Partner at KPMG with over 15 years experience in KPMG’s Sydney and Adelaide offices, and he has recently relocated to Melbourne. Geoff’s core specialisation is financial services. Geoff also has a particular interest in tax consolidation and has presented for the TIA a number of times on the topic.
Current at 29 March 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Geoffrey YIU.
Stephen is a Senior Manager in the Corporate Tax Division of KPMG, Adelaide. With over ten years' experience providing advice to a range of clients from emerging SMEs to listed companies, Stephen has a strong client focus and a keen interest in a variety of business sectors, ranging from financial services to forestry. Current at 05 August 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Stephen Nisbet.
Further details about this event: