Published on 15 Sep 17
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- preparing your business for sale
- key considerations in getting accounting and tax records in order for sale
- income tax implications of pre-sale restructuring
- income tax implications of share versus asset sale, including retirement outcomes
- who is the buyer?
- commercial factors to consider – tips for making the deal.
Alistair is a Partner in
the Corporate Tax Group of PwC in
Adelaide. He provides taxation advice
and support for corporate clients across
areas such as mergers and acquisitions,
tax due diligence, capital gains tax,
cross-border transactions, international
tax structuring, funding decisions
and repatriation of profits. Alistair is
a member of The Tax Institute’s SA
State Council and speaks regularly for
professional bodies in relation to tax.
- Current at
06 November 2019
Michael Johns, FTI, is a Director in the Corporate Tax Group of PwC Adelaide. Michael has over 16 years’ experience in providing corporate tax advice across a wide range of public, private and foreign clients. He also assists ASX listed and privately owned companies in managing their tax accounting and tax compliance affairs.
- Current at
22 January 2018