Published on 09 Mar 16
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- trustees thwart deceased’s apparent intentions - Katz v Grossman
- the ‘legendary oomidoodle bird’ - Donovan v Donovan
- binding nomination upheld, but… Wooster v Morris
- non-lapsing BDBNs okay, but take care with wording - Munro v Munro
- executor not automatically a trustee - Ioppolo v Conti
- practical application.
David Barrett, CTA, is a Division Director and Head of MAStech at Macquarie Bank. David has more than 20 years’ financial services experience, with expertise in superannuation, taxation and retirement income systems and has qualifications in law, mathematics and accounting.
- Current at
13 March 2017
Bryce is a Director at leading SMSF law firm DBA Lawyers. He practices predominantly in taxation and superannuation law, particularly the law of SMSFs. He is regularly quoted and published in the Australian Financial Review, the Herald Sun, CCH and LexisNexis publications, and elsewhere in the financial press. He presents extensively to accountants, financial planners and lawyers Australia-wide. Bryce has worked with DBA Lawyers since 2003. He holds both a bachelor degree and a masters degree in law and is an accredited Specialist SMSF Advisor.
- Current at
10 December 2015