Published on 11 Nov 20
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what the energy transition means for the tax mix and how it will it impact the revenues of Government
- the role of tax policy and fiscal settings for the energy transition
- the current tax regime in Australia relevant to the transition
- other global fiscal settings and incentives and how they compare to the Australian regime
- the potential reforms in Australia to support the transition.
Janelle is the National Tax Leader for Energy and Resources in PwC. She is a partner in the Corporate Tax team based in Brisbane. She has over 19 years of tax consulting experience. Janelle primarily advises a broad range of operators, joint venture participants and investors in the energy and resources industry, with a focus on the oil and gas sector. Janelle has significant experience in relation to the application of the PRRT regime and has advised on the application of the regime to every major offshore and onshore project in Australia. She has also worked with the ATO on issues arising from the transition of the regime to the onshore projects.
- Current at
04 September 2020