Published on 08 Oct 15
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- component of S&P 500 market value, 1975-2015
- the number of people (aged 15 to 64) per person aged 65+ is decreasing
- sources of growth in real national income per person
- Australia currently relies on taxes that have high economic costs and with risks to growth
- Australia’s reliance on personal income tax revenue is also high.
Roger is the Acting Deputy Secretary of the Revenue Group within Treasury, which provides advice to the Government on revenue and taxation policy matters. Rogers’s previous positions included the Division Head of the Tax White Paper Task Force, heading up the Treasury team who support the Tax White Paper process. Roger has also led the Treasury division responsible for revenue forecasting, costings, distributional analysis and modelling, being Chief Adviser (International) in Macroeconomic Group and Principal Adviser in Financial System Division, including heading up the Treasury team for the Cooper superannuation review. He has also led the Treasury’s retirement and personal income tax division and has had a senior executive secondment to the ATO.
- Current at
18 August 2016