Published on 08 Oct 15
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- the Board
- potential discussion topic
- reinventing the Board’s role
- technical review processes
- recently released reports
- overview of 2015 and 2016 activities
- specific review - voluntary tax transparency code
- specific review - implementation of anti-hybrid rules
- tax policy development.
John Emerson, AM, CTA, heads Herbert Smith Freehills’ charity law practice and is recognised Australia-wide as a specialist in the tax laws applicable to charities. John has been appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia “for services to law and to the community, particularly through the provision of advice to charities and not-for-profit organisations and the development of public administration reform to encourage philanthropy in Australia”. He is the Deputy Chair of the Board of Taxation.
- Current at
01 September 2015