Published on 09 Nov 17
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- why may a client look to restructure?
- taxation implications relating to the transfer of various types assets
- valuation and apportionment issues
- transfer of business assets to companies using CGT roll-overs
- transfer of shares using CGT roll-overs
- small business restructure roll-overs
- small business CGT concessions
- commercial issues to consider when restructuring.
Linda is a Partner in the Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers Commercial team. She provides a range of support services to accountants, financial planners and other professional advisers. This includes technical advice on complex tax, CGT and Div 7A issues, as well as acting on business sales and acquisitions to ensure clients achieve commercial and tax-effective outcomes. Prior to joining Cooper Grace Ward, Linda worked as an accountant for 18 years advising clients on capital gains, business acquisitions and restructuring. She also conducted seminars and training sessions on various topics including CGT small business concessions
- Current at
15 March 2021