Published on 15 Sep 16
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- overview of the Part IVC review procedure
- issues to consider when selecting the appropriate forum for a tax dispute
- understanding the taxpayer’s burden and onus of proof in tax disputes
- assessing a taxpayer’s prospects of success
- evidence in tax litigation.
Tim is a Partner with the specialist tax law firm, Kings Park Legal. His clients range from individuals to listed public companies and he provides advice regarding all Commonwealth and State taxes, ATO audits, tax litigation and business structures / restructuring. He represents and appears for clients in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and all State and Federal courts across a variety of tax and superannuation related matters from Part IVC tax proceedings to tax prosecution matters. He is admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia. Tim was named the Tax Institute’s Emerging Tax Star in 2016.
- Current at
22 October 2019