Published on 21 May 15
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- what to tell your client about your estate and succession planning services?
- what is an estate plan?
- when is advice “legal advice”?
- how do you engage your client on the need for estate planning?
- engaging an estate planning lawyer
- what software is available for estate planning services?
- how to protect your role as the client’s trusted adviser
- roles the accountant and the lawyer will play in the succession planning team.
Ian is a Director of Redchip Lawyers. He heads the Business Structuring and Planning group in the firm. Ian is particularly well known for his work in estate planning and asset protection including drafting testamentary trusts and business wills. He works closely with other industry professionals in accounting, insurance and financial services to provide both them and their clients with expert legal advice and documentation regarding personal and business risk management.
- Current at
07 April 2015