Published on 25 Jul 19
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- Government announcement early 2018
- purpose – reduce administrative burden on businesses
- PwC appointed to assist the steering committee
- initial consultation with some key stakeholders
- call for public submissions – 18 received
- analysis of issues and opportunities
- development and testing of recommendations.
Ian Phillips Ian holds the position of Director, Specialist Revenue Advice at Revenue NSW. His responsibilities include the provision of advice on payroll tax legislation to staff and customers. Ian has worked in the policy and legislation area of Revenue NSW, and its predecessors, since 1985 and has been closely involved in the changes to NSW payroll tax legislation and administration since then, including payroll tax harmonisation with other jurisdictions.
- Current at
23 April 2020