Published on 22 Aug 19
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- headline growth figures in WA appear positive
- most of WA’s economic pain is due to the unwinding of business investment
- investment activity and conditions in the resources sector matters for the WA economy
- the broader community still benefits from the production phase of the commodity cycle
- discretionary and non-discretionary consumption has been flat for a prolonged period
- Asia is characterised by short term volatility but long term opportunity.
David Watkins, CTA, is the partner-incharge of the Deloitte Australia Tax Insights & Policy group. David has over 30 years experience in corporate income tax and international tax covering a wide range of tax issues across various industry sectors. David has worked in Malaysia, Singapore and New York.
- Current at
31 October 2019
Noel has over 18 years of experience as an applied economist in Australia and the UK. He leads Deloitte’s work in WA on transport economics, business cases and cost benefit analysis. He is also a contributor to Deloitte’s annual WA Budget Brief, and also led Deloitte’s work for the 2018 Langoulant Review, which assessed fiscal policy under the previous government. Prior to joining Deloitte in 2013, Noel was a Principal Economist with AECOM Australia.
- Current at
30 November 2020