Published on 20 Jun 18
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- understanding the nature of the business and who the potential purchasers may be
- what are the client’s reasons for the restructure
- understanding how transfer duty impacts the transaction
- considering whether any rollovers may apply for CGT and income tax
- how could GST impact the restructure.
Tim is a Partner with the specialist tax law firm, Robson Hayes Poli Legal. His clients range from individuals to listed public companies and he provides advice regarding all Commonwealth and State taxes, ATO audits, tax litigation and business structures / restructuring. He represents and appears for clients in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and all State and Federal courts across a variety of tax and superannuation related matters from Part IVC tax proceedings to tax prosecution matters. He is admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia. Tim was named the Tax Institute’s Emerging Tax Star in 2016.
- Current at
20 September 2019