Published on 19 Nov 15
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- what is a small business and are there different definitions
- what opportunities are available to small businesses that medium/large businesses can’t access
- how can a medium sized business structure some of their operations to be considered a small business
- will the benefits of being a small business entity result in a rise in contractors and what are the risks?
- can passive investors get the benefits available to small businesses?
Jo-anne is a director of TaxBytes, a Knowledge Shop Company, which is a specialised in house tax training business. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a Charted Tax Adviser of The Tax Institute and holds a Masters in Taxation from the University of Sydney. Jo-anne has been providing tax training to accounting and legal firms since 1994 from first tier firms down to smaller firms. She provides monthly tax training to a number of accounting firms throughout Australia. She has had extensive experience as a presenter in taxation matters and has been a regular presenter for the ICAA and TTI.
- Current at
10 January 2019