Published on 23 Jul 15
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- state and territory legislative amendments according to the following categories:
- tax protection and increases
- tax concessions and reform
- housing affordability
- these categories reflect the broad policy driver for the changes
- an attempt has been made to highlight major changes in each jurisdiction
- acknowledge contribution of every state and territory revenue offices
- any errors and omissions are the responsibility of the primary author.
Following a career as a teacher, Peter was admitted as a legal practitioner in the ACT in 2002, followed soon after by entry to the practitioners' register of the High Court. That year he began working with ACT Treasury in the Revenue Management Division. As Manager of Objection and Appeals, he is responsible with internal reviews of, and subsequent appeals regarding, tax assessments, first home owner grant decisions and unimproved values of land for rates purposes. He is regularly engaged in policy and legislative reviews of ACT revenue laws. Peter is also the Chair of the ACT Law Society's Government Law Committee.
- Current at
13 March 2015