Published on 14 Jun 16
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- transfer of property to SMSF
- limited recourse borrowing arrangements - latest developments
- other property transfers involving SMSFs:
- transfer of property from custodian to SMSF
- transfer of property from SMSF to a member
- transfer of property from one SMSF to another
- investment by an SMSF in a geared unit trust.
Claire is a Senior Associate at EY Law (formerly Norton & Smailes), and practices in superannuation, tax advice, tax disputes, tax litigation, wills and estate planning. Claire is both a Lawyer and a Chartered Accountant, having been admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia. Claire has approximately 9 years of taxation experience, and 5 of those years have been with Norton & Smailes (now EY Law).
- Current at
09 June 2016
Alan is a Director at EY Law (formerly Norton & Smailes). He is admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and practises in the Federal Court of Australia and the Administrative
Appeals Tribunal. Alan’s principal areas of practice include income tax, CGT, tax disputes, tax litigation, superannuation, trusts, wills and estates.
- Current at
19 May 2017