Published on 02 Jun 16
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- who can receive a death benefit?
- how are death benefits paid?
- ensure effective succession of SMSF trustee
- form of death benefit
- taxation of death benefits
- strategies to manage death benefits tax
- impact of Federal Budget.
Colin is the Head of Strategic Advice at Fitzpatricks Private Wealth. He provides technical and strategic advice and guidance on complex financial strategies to financial advisers, accountants and clients. Colin specialises in superannuation and retirement incomes, tax, social security, aged care and estate planning. Since 1987, he has held senior regulatory, consulting and technical roles in the financial services industry and is a SMSF Specialist Advisor. Colin is an experienced presenter and is frequently called upon for comment on financial planning matters in the media and is a regular contributor to the Australian Financial Review.
- Current at
31 May 2019