Published on 25 May 17
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- lessons from the cases
- when is a scheme abandoned?
- preserving concessions for property on capital account
- how to deal with part revenue and part capital properties
- beware TD 2017/1 for pre-CGT land
- the importance of evidence
- how does the stapled security position affect SMEs?
Fletch is a partner in Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers’ commercial team. Fletch specialises in tax and customs disputes. His experience includes helping clients with private rulings, audits, objections and litigation. He also assists clients by providing tax advice across a range of commercial issues. Fletch has also presented sessions at The Tax Institute’s Queensland seminars and national conferences and has published papers on topical tax and customs issues.
- Current at
15 March 2021