Published on 08 Oct 15
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- AusNet Transmission Group v Cmr of Taxation  HCA 25
- Cmr of Taxation v AusNet Transmission Group  FCAFC 60
- Channel Pastoral Holdings v Cmr of Taxation  FCAFC 57
- Rio Tinto Services Ltd v Commissioner of Taxation  FCAFC 117
- Commissioner of Taxation v Australian Building Systems  HCA Trans 82.
Alex Patrick is a Senior Associate in KPMG Law’s Tax Dispute Resolution and Controversy team. Alex works closely with taxpayers to provide specialist tax dispute management and resolution advice, focusing on the proactive, efficient and early resolution of disputes. Alex’s recent experience includes the ongoing management of streamlined assurance review processes and ATO risk review and audit processes.
- Current at
31 October 2019
Ross is a Special Counsel at KPMG Legal. With over 20 years experience as a lawyer, he specialises in tax controversy, advising and representing SMEs, large corporates and high wealth individuals with respect to tax risk, reviews, audits, objections, access powers, alternative dispute resolution and litigation. Ross practises in all areas of Commonwealth taxes. He has also represented the Commissioner in Part IVC and related litigation in the AAT, Federal Court, Family Court and Supreme Courts.
- Current at
09 July 2015