Published on 08 Nov 18
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- why trusts can’t last forever—“rule against perpetuities” (RAP)
- what happens when trust reaches vesting day & vests?
- can you extend vesting day of a trust?
- what if vesting day has already passed?
- can testator or settlor “rule from grave” using SA perpetual trust?
- can estate planning objectives be achieved by cloning & splitting?
- can estate planning objectives be better achieved by umbrella or master trusts?
Michael is the Partner in charge of the Finlaysons Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in mining and property taxation, corporate restructurings, cross-border investment, trusts, and estate and succession planning. Michael is a past chair of The Tax Institute’s South Australia State Council and a regular contributor to Institute events.
- Current at
22 October 2018