Published on 01 Apr 15
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This issue of Taxwise covers:
- Medicare levy surcharge and private health insurance rebate
- superannuation guarantee rate
- super contributions caps
- changes to superannuation excess concessional contribution cap
- are you paying super fund fees unnecessarily?
- time limits for Family Assistance lump sum payments
- dabbling in Bitcoin? what’s the ‘tax’ story?
- what’s the ATO’s view of GST and crowdfunding?
- are you in a partnership?
- correcting arrangements involving private companies and shareholders and their associates
- nil activity statements must be lodged
- if you work in the building and construction industry
- do you own a rental property?
- selling or closing down a business
- ATO updates
- the Privacy Commissioner and the tax file number privacy rule.
The Tax Institute is Australia's leading professional association and educator in tax, with offices in most major cities. Focusing solely on tax, the Institute provides the best resources, education and networks. Our mission is to equip tax professionals with everything they need to demonstrate the highest level of expertise and increase the advancement of public knowledge and understanding.
We are also committed to propelling members into the future and onto the global stage with the introduction of the Chartered Tax Adviser designation.