This video is a filmed session from the NSW 9th Annual Tax Forum, PowerPoint slides are incorporated with the presentation. The focus of this presentation is on the practical problems of compliance with tax laws and a “where are we now” update with some speculation as to where the legislature might take us. The discussion includes the following:
- preparation of effective trusts resolutions
- streaming issues
- disclaiming and renouncing trusts interests
- varying the trust terms in particular extending the vesting date
- CGT events A1 and E1 – why is the difference important?
- absolute entitlements and bare trusts.
Purchase individual materials from this session:
Topical issues: The latest bundle
Author(s): Ken SCHURGOTT