This video is a filmed session from the 30th National Tax Convention, powerpoint slides are incorporated with the presentation.
This video covers The Board of Taxation’s second discussion paper on the post-implementation review of Div 7A.
This session considered:
- how the proposed reforms may operate to assist businesses
- how to best manage the existing web of loans, UPEs and investment agreements facing privately owned groups
- how to best manage accumulating annual Div 7A payments under section 109N and PSLA 2010/4
- the difficulty in managing interest deductibility with cascading loans through chains of entities
- cash flow implications of the Board of Taxation’s proposed “tick the box” approach and the simpler single complying loan framework.
Purchase individual materials from this session:
Practical management of Division 7A
Author(s): Adele Townsend