This video is a filmed session from the 30th National Tax Convention, powerpoint slides are incorporated with the presentation.
This video draws a line in the sand. It considers the optimal structures and taxation strategies for professional practices today.
This session explored:
- current regulations impacting legal, accounting, medical and other professional practice structures
- effective trust structures in light of TA 2013/3 and Kelly v FCT  FCAFC 88
- “no goodwill” incorporated practices and TD 2011/26
- tax considerations regarding remuneration of principals – commercial salary via dividends/distributions and payroll tax
- interplay with PSI rules and Part IVA in light of the ATO guidelines regarding professional firms.
Purchase individual materials from this session:
2015 National Convention Video Bundle
Author(s): Ash CHOTAI