This video is a filmed session from Vic 3rd Annual Tax Forum, PowerPoint slides are incorporated with the presentation.
In the good old days, a family tree was shaped like an isosceles triangle and the only thing to fight over was the estate. Now we have family trees that weave like Medusa’s hair (and just as venomous) and fights breaking out over family trusts, superannuation funds and estates. How can you as the adviser help your client navigate the perils of disputes and where does your role begin and end? This video investigates pitfalls and strategies to help you guide your clients to the best possible outcome. Attendees received a case study prior to the session covering a range of planning issues, including:
- estate disputes - the new (2015) Victorian rules
- SMSF disputes - the changing landscape of death benefit controversies
- family trusts and family fights - how to transition from one generation to another
- mutual wills - are they worth it?
- Estoppel – be careful what you promise!
Purchase individual materials from this session:
Succession & estate planning – Money, family & fights
Author(s): Bernie O'SULLIVAN, Thalia Dardamanis
Further details about this event: