This video is a filmed session from the 31st National Convention, PowerPoint slides are incorporated with the presentation.
The relationship between trustee and beneficiary can give rise to risk of conflict in certain situations. This is particularly the case when the control of family wealth held in a Trust is passed between generations, as illustrated by the recent Rinehart litigation.
The session considered:
- effectively transferring Trustee and other controlling roles between generations
- strategies to “rule from the grave” by controlling future trustee decisions
- consideration when there are significant beneficiary loan accounts/unpaid present entitlements
- when the Court will review a decision of a trustee, including decision to amend the terms of a trust
- when the court will remove a trustee
- succession planning options for family business structures that include a trust or trusts.
Purchase individual materials from this session:
Succession planning to avoid disputes between trustees & beneficiaries
Author(s): Sam McCullough
Further details about this event: