This video is a filmed session from the 30th National Tax Convention, powerpoint slides are incorporated with the presentation.
This video covers case studies to demonstrate how to extract retained earnings in a tax effective way.
Worked examples covered were:
- changes impacting the top up tax rate: NDIS, debt levy, corporate tax rate reduction
- franking credit refunds through SMSF shareholders – dead in the water?
- utilisation of Division 7A secured and unsecured loans
- share cancellations, reductions and buy-backs
- dividend access shares, dividend streaming, dividend stripping and value shifting
- capital payments anti-avoidance provisions: sections 45A and 45B
- issues regarding pre-CGT assets and shares
- dealing with capital losses.
Purchase individual materials from this session:
Tax effective extraction of retained earnings from “dormant” private companies: Case studies
Author(s): Paul HOCKRIDGE
Further details about this event: