Your shopping cart is empty

Inherited shares and the CGT exemption for foreign residents.

Publication date: 01 May 08 | Source: INTAX

Issue: May 2008

Pages: pp.10

Are you looking at inheriting your parents' healthy share portfolio? In addition, are you (or one of your siblings) living overseas on a more than temporary basis so that you (or they) would be classified as a foreign resident for Australian tax purposes? If so, there is a possible way of dealing with the shares so that there won't be any Australian CGT liability on any subsequent sale.

This item is not available for download from this website. Please contact the Tax Institute library for assistance. Charges will apply.

Author profile

Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Kirk WILSON.