Successfully passed the Institutes CTA3 Advisory Exam.
A minimum of 3 years’ relevant tax experience, plus one of the following:
- Passed CTA1, CTA2A and CTA2B or the Institutes recognised equivalent;
- Has a Master of Tax or an Institute recognised equivalent Masters qualification;
- Completion of Graduate Diploma from an accredited provider can be equivalent.
At least one-year relevant tax experience, plus one of the following:
- Passed CTA1 or the Institutes recognised equivalent;
- A member of CAANZ, CPA, IPA, Barrister or Solicitor;
- Voting member of another Registered Tax Agent Association.
A minimum eight years’ fulltime relevant tax experience in the last 10 years.
To be eligible as an Affiliate Member you must satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- Successfully passed The Tax Institute's CTA1 Foundations or an equivalent qualification from an Institute accredited education provider;
- Otherwise qualify for admission as an Associate member but do not have any relevant Australian experience;
- Enrolled in The Tax Institute's CTA2A Advanced course;
- Employed by the commonwealth or state revenue authority engaged in taxation practice or administration;
- Have an interest in the affairs of The Tax Institute who National Council resolves to admit as an Affiliate.