TASA 2009 and The Code of Professional Conduct Course
About this course
The Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) including the Code of Professional Conduct course covers the required topics as listed in the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) Information Sheet TPB(I) 10/2011.
Who is it for?
All Tax Agents, BAS Agents, and tax (financial product) advisers seeking registration or already registered as a Tax Agent or BAS Agent under the TASA 2009.
Why is it important? Know and understand your statutory obligations!
The TPB considers that an essential part of the qualifications requirement for registration is that individuals will need to be able to meet their statutory obligations in relation to the provision of tax agent services.
What areas does it cover?
The objects of the TASA 2009.
- Registration process and eligibility requirements under the TASA 2009.
- The Code of Professional Conduct.
- Administrative sanctions that may be imposed for a breach of the Code.
- Civil penalty provisions.
- Board's power to apply to the Federal Court for an injunction.
- Obligations to notify the Board of a change of circumstances.
How is it delivered?
The course is delivered by The Tax Institute online through a self-paced learning module. The session features filmed excerpts and activities. An online test is included in order to gain your CPD hours and certificate of completion.
When does this course run and for how long?
This course can be purchased and undertaken online at any time.
After successful completion
You will be able to:
- recall the objects of the TASA 2009
- relate the requirements of the registration process and eligibility to register as a tax agent under TASA 2009 to your own circumstances or that of your firm's employees
- identify the professional and ethical standards contained in the Code in section 30-10 of the TASA 2009
- link the administrative sanctions that may be imposed for specific breaches of the Code
- relate the civil penalty provisions to the contraventions of conduct of registered and unregistered agents
- quantify the Board's power to apply to the Federal Court for an injunction
- articulate a registered tax agent's obligations to notify the Board of a change of circumstances
CPD hours gained on completion
Information about Course Developer - Dr Alice McCleary CTA (Life)
Dr McCleary CTA (Life), who, as well as being a director of several listed and unlisted companies, is a chartered accountant with wide experience in leadership, corporate governance, professional practice, and policy development and represents Australia on the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants.
To enrol click on the link below
- Members $50 incl GST
- Non-members $150 incl GST
- Members $80 incl GST
- Non-members $170 incl GST
Once enrolled you have 90 days to complete the course. If you do not complete the course within 90 days you may purchase an additional 30 day extension for $50 (courses with extensions must be completed within 30 days of the expiry of the original course – a total of 120 days from the date you originally purchased the course)
Tax Agents Manual & Bonus Toolkit
CCH and The Tax Institute have joined together to publish the Tax Agents Manual. This publication deals with the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and the fundamental changes to the law governing practice as a tax agent.
The topics covered include:
- the scope and operation of the new Code of Professional Conduct;
- the new Tax Practitioners Board, including its investigatory and sanction powers;
- the new civil penalty regime;
- the safe harbours to avoid penalties;
- entity-specific issues;
- new rules for agent- client interface; and
- transitional issues.
- at-a-glance practical and concise guidance for all tax practitioners
on every aspect of the regime;
- detailed analysis of the important issues and practical implications;
- case studies, examples, traps to avoid, tips for a smooth transition;
- commentary and relevant legislation;
bonus Practitioner Toolkit containing checklists and templates that practitioners will need to ensure they comply with the requirements of the new regime.
*Additional Delivery & Handling charges will apply.