Core voting member criteria
To be eligible as a voting member you must satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- Hold a degree or postgraduate award from an Australian tertiary institution or an equivalent institution in the discipline of accounting; or
- Hold a diploma or higher award from an Australian registered training organisation (RTO) or equivalent institution in the discipline of accounting; or
- Have completed the academic qualifications required to be an Australian legal practitioner; or
- Registered as a tax agent; or
- A registered tax agent or nominee immediately before 1 March 2010 and a voting member of a recognised professional association immediately before 1 March 2010; or
- Have the equivalent of 8 years' full time experience in providing tax agent services in the past 10 years.