Important: Due to the ever-evolving nature of COVID-19, all Face to Face lectures have been replaced with online lectures.
The qualifications to register as a tax agent
Registration as a tax agent with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) ensures that tax agents:
- have the qualifications and experience required to provide tax agent services
- meet the TPB 'fit and proper' requirements
- have appropriate professional indemnity insurance cover to protect consumes.
The Tax Agent Program allows you to satisfy the first of the requirements listed above to register as a tax agent. Depending on your prior qualifications, you may be required to complete a Course in Australian Tax Law and/or a Course in Commercial Law approved by the TPB. Our Tax Agent Program comprises both of these TPB approved courses.
You must contact the TPB to determine what their requirements for you will be. Registering as an individual tax agent from TPB website
Completing the full program, you’ll learn:
- How to explain the basic structure of tax and compliance obligations
- The ethics and professional responsibilities of a tax professional
- How to advise on the tax impacts of commercial & property transactions.
Scroll down for more information on:
- Admission requirements
- Program subjects and delivery modes
- Recognition of prior learning and advanced standing
- Your tax instructors
- Fees & Policies
Get Your Information Pack
Complete the form with your details to receive an email with expanded program overviews and exclusive sample learning materials.