The Graduate Diploma of Applied Tax Law provides individuals of all levels - from recent graduates to experienced tax and financial specialists - with the expertise to provide superior professional tax advice, and undertake highly-skilled tax work across a range of contexts. The TEQSA accredited postgraduate qualification is at Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework and is accredited by the Tax Practitioners Board.
The Australian tax system is evolving on an unprecedented scale. Issues such as disruptive technology, borderless trade, and a more informed public will challenge tax professionals more than ever.
The tax professional of today needs new, up-to-date, evolving skills to deal with the ever-changing landscape.
- How to provide clear and well-reasoned tax advice
- How to translate complex tax and legal concepts, and their implications
- How to apply analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of tax law.
Every year we welcome over 240 candidates for each of our three intakes across ten subjects. In each of the core and elective subjects, candidates are supported by:
- a Subject Convenor or instructor, an experienced tax professional who candidates can email with tax-technical questions to help better understand the material presented
- presenters, experts in specific areas of tax and tax law
- a Subject Coordinator who is there to assist with any administrative or other non-tax technical queries
- The Tax Institute Higher Education's Learning Management System, Connect. It enables candidates to access all subject materials online in the one place. Using Connect, candidates access all materials and resources for study. This includes but is not limited to an online timetable, calendar, forum posts that keep candidates updated on current subject events, orientation information, subject outlines, live and pre-recorded webinars, practice exams, online activities, revision materials, PDF module notes, and additional resources such as online units about searching for and interpreting legislation and case law.
Scroll to bottom of page for more information on:
- Entry requirements and learning outcomes
- Subjects and study modes
- Your tax professional instructors
Get Your Information Pack
Complete the form with your details to receive an email with expanded program overviews and exclusive sample learning materials.