The keynote address provides an overview of the current economic conditions and factors that are impacting or likely to impact on agribusiness going forward.
Topics covered include:
- Economic overview – Domestic and international – the likely impact on demand for individual food and fibre items
- Cost pressures on the horizon – managing increasing input costs (fertilisers, chemicals, energy).
- Current bank lending practice for primary productions businesses – acquisition of land, capital expenditure and working capital.
- The issues facing primary producers in a climate conscious world and the role of primary producers in assisting Australia meet its emissions targets; and
- The impact of other items on the short and long term sustainability of primary production operations.