Part 8 – Current issues in managing a deceased estate
In this presentation, Ian Raspin, CTA and Chanmony Om from BNR Partners will discuss:
- The recent exercise of the Commissioner’s remedial power which allows agents to access deceased clients’ data, including the ATO’s Deceased estate data package,
- The recent changes to the main residence exemption which affect both estates and beneficiaries, including the operation of the new ‘life event’ exemption,
- The Commissioner’s approach in PCG 2019/5 about extending the two-year period to dispose of dwellings acquired from a deceased estate,
- The Division 7A implications for private company loans owed by the deceased taxpayer,
- The tax merits of either selling or distributing shares of a deceased taxpayer,
- Practical issues associated with entering into a deed of family arrangement, and
- A reminder of those assets which cannot be dealt with via a will.
Webinar login details will be sent to all delegates prior to the event, please keep an eye out in your inbox.
PLEASE NOTE: Registrations that are received after 5:00pm (AEDT) on Monday 19 October will only have access to the webinar recording post-event.
Part 8: Current issues managing a deceased estate
Part 8: Current issues in managing a deceased estate
Tuesday, 20 October 2020 | 12:30-2:00pmRegister Now
Tickets & Pricing
|Registration deadline/description||Member price||Non-member price|
|Standard pricing||$80 incl GST|
This is a member benefit and The Tax Institute members can attend free of charge.
Not a member?
Become a member to connect with like-minded professionals, stay up to date with changes in tax, and have access to a range of benefits (including access to this webinar!) with Australia's leading tax organisation.
Find out more on becoming a member today!
The Tax Institute CPD Event App
The Tax Institute understands the impact that an event of this nature has on the environment, especially when printing delegate materials. We are excited to announce that The Tax Institute has an event app. This app is easy to use and contains program information, materials (technical papers and slides), evaluation forms and more. We encourage all delegates to download the app on their phone or tablet prior to this event. Once the materials are available, an email will be sent to delegates with access details (in the days leading into the event).