Thursday 18 - Friday 19 July 2019
The Death... and Taxes Symposium is The Tax Institute’s leading event for tax and other advisers who are, or expect to be, involved in the administration of an estate. This is an increasingly important part of private practice.
The program highlights the timetable of likely events that happen post-death; focussing on:
- Key CGT and income tax problem areas
- The importance of directed superannuation benefits (and the pitfalls that are highlighted in litigation)
- Your professional obligations when dealing with clients who might be in danger of losing their capacity to make decisions
- Challenges in advising on aged care
- Increasingly common international tax aspects
- Testamentary trusts
- The problems of maintaining or terminating entities that were under the control of a now deceased person
Sofitel Gold Coast, Broadbeach
At the Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, revel in gorgeous year-round weather and revitalising sea breezes radiating from the Pacific Ocean to the scenic hinterlands. The 5-star hotel is within easy walking distance to Broadbeach’s high-end boutiques and restaurants, steps away from beautiful beaches, parks and across the street from the Pacific Fair Shopping Centre.
Tel: 07 5592 2250
Website: Sofitel Gold Coast, Broadbeach
The Sofitel Gold Coast, Broadbeach is located 19 kilometres north of Gold Coast Airport, an approximate 35-minute drive. For those travelling from Brisbane, it is 85 kilometres, an approximate 1¼ hour drive.
On-site parking is available at the Sofitel Gold Coast, Broadbeach from $15 per day for residential conference guests or from $40 per day for non-residential conference guests.
Accommodation bookings can be made through our accommodation and travel provider, ConferenceNational, by clicking 'book today' below.Book today
Poolside sunset reception – Thursday 18 July 2019
Join your colleagues, peers, and esteemed presenters for an evening of interactive food stations, drinks, and networking. Substantial food and drinks will be served poolside at the Sofitel Gold Coast from 5.00pm on Thursday 18 July.
Time: 5.00 – 7.00pm
Price: Included for full registration delegates
Tickets & Pricing
Full event registration includes participation in the full two-day technical program, electronic access to all materials via the event app, attendance to the Poolside sunset reception on Thursday night, and all lunches and refreshments during event hours. Registration fees do not include hard copy materials, travel, accommodation, hotel breakfasts or hotel incidentals.
|Registration deadline/description||Member price||New-member price||Non-member price|
|Early bird registration received on or before 24 May 2019||$1,395 incl GST||$1,735 incl GST||$1,745 incl GST|
|Standard registration received after 24 May 2019||$1,595 incl GST||$1,935 incl GST||$1,945 incl GST|
* Save on the non-member price and become a member of The Tax Institute today. The new member registration fee includes fees for Affiliate level membership of The Tax Institute so that you can take advantage of the many benefits membership affords. Membership is extended until 30 June 2020. Please read and sign below to take up membership. Click here for more information on membership.
The Tax Institute CPD Event App
The Tax Institute understands the impact that an event of this nature has on the environment, especially when printing delegate materials. We are excited to announce that The Tax Institute has an event app. This app is easy to use and contains program information, materials (technical papers and slides), evaluation forms and more. We encourage all delegates to download the app on their phone or tablet prior to this event. Once the materials are available, an email will be sent to delegates with access details (in the days leading into the event).